Exciting Programs for Older Campers
For campers going into 3rd and 4th grade, the regular program of swimming, sports, and specialty activities is enhanced and made more challenging. This program is highlighted by swimming in our Olympic-size swimming pools, expanded sports leagues and tournaments, advanced creative arts programs, theater performances, horseback riding, golf skills center and our sports specialization programs.
Senior Camp Swim Program
Our Sr. campers swim twice a day in our 2 Olympic-size senior camp pools. Our fully-certified swim staff, along with this state-of-the art swim facility, allows our older campers to continue to improve individual skills in a challenging, safe, and supported environment.
Our swim program also features:
- 40-minute swim lessons each morning.
- Small Camp Hillard Aquatics Groups organized by ability. All groups are taught by certified instructors.
- Instruction in all major strokes, diving, deep-water techniques and water safety.
- 135 foot-long Water Park Slide adds another element of excitement to our Sr. Camp Pool Complex.
- 3/4 Meter Diving Board.
- Free swim activities highlighted by Water Polo, Water Volleyball, and Water Basketball.
- Towels are provided by Camp for all swim periods.
Senior Camp Sports Program
- Our emphasis is always on developing athletic skills, learning, and having fun.
- The sports program steps up in both quality and quantity.
- Boys and girls can learn the finer points from experienced coaches.
- Sports Clinics and Sports Choice offers more advanced instruction.
- Game play is highlighted by sports leagues featuring longer periods for longer games.
- Sports Specialization Programs.
- Campers participate in our annual Green and White Spirit Week in which boys and girls are divided into teams. Emphasis is on fun and good sportsmanship, while at the same time providing a healthy environment for competition and camp-wide spirit.
Our variety of Sports includes:
Senior Camp Creative and Performing Arts Program
More time is also devoted to the Creative and Performing Arts so that older campers can develop more advanced projects and performances.
PERFORMING ARTS Program features special performances combining lines, music, dance, and choreography.
- These shows are longer and more involved and are presented to parents during special evening performances.
- Shows have included Wicked, Dream Girls, Jersey Boys, Blues Brothers, Hair Spray and Pitch Perfect.
- Girls our scheduled Weekly for our popular and fun Music Program.
- Girls can choose Dance during arts choice.
- Boys can choose these programs through theater club and hobby choice.
At Camp Hillard we don't just have art, we have HILLART!!
- HILLART Programs are more involved in terms of the projects selected and more opportunity is added to the weekly schedule.
- Senior Camp Girls are scheduled regularly for a variety of Hillart Projects!
- Girls and Boys have weekly Arts Choice Period.
- The boys can choose these programs through hobby choice.
- The HILLART nature center is a favorite place to visit.
Our variety of Projects include:
Individual activities are scheduled on a choice basis where campers can spend extra time on favorite activities.
Ninja Warrior Obstacle Course
Golf Skills Center and Driving Range
30ft Climbing Wall
Sports Specialization Programs
Campers entering 3rd grade and older can choose to participate in our Sports Specialization Programs. These programs allow our older campers to specialize in soccer, baseball, softball, or basketball by spending several mornings a week in advanced clinics and games. It's a great choice for those campers looking to improve for their recreational or travel teams!
Horseback Riding Program
This program allows campers entering 3rd grade and older to receive weekly formal riding instruction. The program takes place at Twin Lake Farms Equestrian Center in Bronxville.
Golf Skills Center
The Golf Skills Center provides campers with the opportunity to learn golf skills in a fun and successful way. This facility incorporates practice putting greens to teach putting skills, a sand trap, a 3 station golf driving range and a 6 station SNAG range. The golf skills center utilizes a program called SNAG Golf (Starting New At Golf), a program that introduces golfers to the fundamentals of driving, pitching and chipping skills. SNAG Golf utilizes special equipment to correctly teach the game of golf in a way that's easier for less experienced players. The driving range allows more experienced campers to drive real golf balls with real clubs. This program is offered during individual activity choice.