A Unique Approach to Camping for our 3, 4, and 5-Year Olds
Our unique program for children 3, 4, and 5 years of age is dedicated to summer fun, recreation, and development of skills. Our program of activities is such that campers always feel a sense of being involved in a true camp experience. It is not just an extension of a nursery school program.
The Junior Camp program is a careful balance of outstanding swimming and sports programs, creative and performing arts, specialty activities and an array of special events. The day includes rest period after lunch and is properly paced to ensure that the full day experience is successful. We also have a Mini-Day Program for 3 year olds and those turning 4 years old after September 1st of the year preceding the upcoming summer. The buses depart at 2pm for this program.
These young campers are placed into small, personalized groups. Counselors in charge of our 3 and 4 year olds are adults and teachers.
Junior Camp Swim Program
These campers swim in pools designed for teaching skills effectively to young children. Our swim program features:
- Junior Campers swim in our Main pool complex designed with 5 heated pools allowing flexibility for campers to swim in variety of pools based on ability and swim level.
- 40-minute swim lessons each morning (not including time for swim change).
- Small Camp Hillard Aquatics Groups organized by ability.
- Water adjustment activities for hesitant swimmers.
- More formal instruction for advanced swimmers. Deep-water instruction is always on a one-to-one basis.
- Afternoon Free swim is a highlight of the day! Free swim is full of fun, including our slides, boat races, and our special swim events.
- Towels are provided by Camp for all swim periods.
Junior Camp Sports Program
Confidence in sports and games is gained through careful introduction of skills. Junior campers use lightweight balls, short baskets, smaller soccer goals, and other "their size" equipment. Our emphasis is on building campers' confidence and self-esteem, as well as developing gross and fine motor skills.
The variety of sports includes:
- Pony Rides
Specialty activities include:
- Creative Play
- Non-Motorized Go-Carts
- Group Games
- Zip Line
Junior Camp Creative and Performing Arts Programs
- ARTS & CRAFTS includes Clay, painting, drawing, hand printing, jewelry, beads, friendship bracelets and so much more.
- The NATURE center is a favorite place to visit. Our various animals are a real highlight of the program.
- Camp spirit and enthusiasm stem from our MUSIC program. CAMP HILLARD songs, cheers as well as other popular children's songs.
- Theater includes singing, music, dance, choreography and teamwork.
- Junior Camp shows have included Annie, Mary Poppins, Little Mermaid, Sound of Music, Motown and Elvis.