Middle Camp - 6 and 7 Year Olds (Entering 1st and 2nd Graders)
While groups remain small and personal, the program steps up to a challenging and exciting level with more advanced swimming and sports instruction, special sports challenges, expanded creative and performing arts programs, and new specialty activities and special events.
Our certified swim staff provides our 6 and 7 year olds with an opportunity to develop individual skills in a challenging, safe, and supportive environment. Campers swim in larger pools to maximize skill development. Our outstanding swim program features:
- 40-minute swim lessons each morning.
- Small Camp Hillard Aquatics Groups organized by ability. All groups are taught by certified instructors.
- Instruction in all major strokes, elementary diving, and water safety.
- More formal instruction for advanced swimmers in deep water.
- Proper safety and supervision at all times.
- Afternoon Free Swim is highlighted by a diving board, a bigger water slide, boat races, swim races, special swim events and the opportunity swim at our Olympic Pool Complex and go down our spectacular 135' Water Park Slide.
- Towels are provided by Camp for all swim periods.
Middle Campers get a chance to further develop their sports skills. Age-appropriate and more advanced equipment is utilized, allowing for a more challenging environment. Our emphasis is always on developing athletic skills, learning, and having fun. In addition to game play in all sports, instruction is provided by some of the finest coaches in the area.
Middle Camp takes part in weekly sports leagues. Games are closely supervised, with an emphasis on strengthening skills, rules of the game, good sportsmanship, and teamwork. Campers participate in basketball, street hockey, field hockey, softball (girls), baseball (boys), soccer and walled soccer.
Middle Camp participates in all aspects of our Creative and Performing Arts Program. Arts and Crafts include more advanced projects in such areas as Ceramics, Pottery, Jewelry and Bead Making. The performing arts program is highlighted by our famous Hillard Theater performances. Middle Camp shows are longer and more elaborate than Junior Camp. and fully integrate singing, music, dance, choreography and teamwork. Middle camp shows have included Camp Rock, Willy Wonka, Anything Goes, The Little Mermaid, Newsies, and Jersey Boys.
The Middle Camp program includes favorites such as boxball, gymnastics, tennis, miniature golf, zip line, ga-ga, creative play, pony rides and horseback.
Campers entering 2nd grade also have tennis on our larger courts, move to a bigger zip line, flying squirrel, climbing wall, baseball/softball batting cages, and our New Games Program.
Camp Hillard values such as getting along with others, respect for each other, being a good listener, improving dressing habits, keeping camp clean and encouraging confidence are all stressed.