Middle Camp - 6 and 7 Year Olds (Entering 1st and 2nd Graders)
While groups remain small and personal, the program steps up to a challenging and exciting level with more advanced swimming and sports instruction, special sports challenges, expanded creative and performing arts programs, and new specialty activities and special events.
Middle Camp Swim Program
Our certified swim staff provides our 6 and 7 year olds with an opportunity to develop individual skills in a challenging, safe, and supportive environment. Campers swim in our Mid-size and Olympic-size pools to maximize skill development. Our outstanding swim program features:
- 7 heated swimming pools, including swimming in our state-of-the-art Olympic size swimming pools.
- 40-minute swim lessons each morning.
- Small Camp Hillard Aquatics Groups organized by ability. All groups are taught by certified instructors.
- Instruction in all major strokes, elementary diving, and water safety.
- More formal instruction for advanced swimmers in deep water.
- Proper safety and supervision at all times.
- Afternoon Free Swim is highlighted by a diving board, a bigger water slide, boat races, swim races, special swim events and the opportunity swim at our Olympic Pool Complex and go down our spectacular 135' Water Park Slide.
- Towels are provided by Camp for all swim periods.
Middle Camp Sports Program
- Age-appropriate and more advanced equipment is utilized, allowing for a more challenging environment.
- In addition to game play in all sports, instruction is provided by some of the finest coaches in the area.
- Weekly Sports Leagues. Games are closely supervised, with an emphasis on strengthening skills, rules of the game, good sportsmanship, and teamwork.
- Sports Leagues games include basketball, street hockey, field hockey, softball (girls), baseball (boys), soccer, walled soccer, and box lacrosse.
- Entering 2nd grade boys also have sports choice periods during the week.
Our variety of Sports includes:
Middle Camp Creative and Performing Arts Program
- Arts and Crafts include more advanced projects in such areas as Painting, Drawing, Clay Sculpture, Jewelry and Bead Making.
- The performing arts program is highlighted by our famous Hillard Theater performances.
- Middle Camp shows are longer and more elaborate than Junior Camp. and fully integrate singing, music, dance, choreography and teamwork.
- Middle camp shows have included Mary Poppins, Willy Wonka, Anything Goes, The Little Mermaid, Newsies, and Jersey Boys.
- The nature center is a favorite place to visit. Our various animals are a real highlight of the program.
- Campers enjoy exciting projects and become budding paleontologists and do amazing science experiments.
- Entering 2nd grade boys can choose these programs through our hobby choice periods.
Middle Camp Specialty Activities
Includes favorites such as:
- Tennis on larger courts
- Miniature golf
- Golf skills center
- Creative play
- Pony rides
- Outdoor adventure (Zip lines, climbing wall, Flying Squirrel)
- Batting cages
Individual activities are scheduled for boys and girls entering 2nd grade on a choice basis where campers can spend extra time on favorite activities. These include:
- Aerobic boxing
- Miniature golf
- Ninja Warrior Obstacle Course
- Golf skills center and driving range
- Batting cages
- Zip line
- Flying squirrel
- 30ft climbing wall
- Flag football